Choose a medical condition from the respiratory system or HEENT system and explain the pathophysiology changes that may occur. What patient education would need to be included related to this disorder? Choose a medical condition different from that of your fellow students.
Decision Making When Treating Psychological Disorders
Psychological disorders, such as depression, bipolar, and anxiety disorders can present several complications for patients of all ages. These disorders affect patients physically and emotionally, potentially impacting judgment, school and/or job performance, and relationships with family and friends. Since these disorders have many drastic effects on patients’ lives, it is important for advanced practice nurses to effectively manage patient care. With patient factors and medical history in mind, it is the advanced practice nurse’s responsibility to ensure the safe and effective diagnosis, treatment, and education of patients with psychological disorders.
For this Discussion, you will select an interactive media piece to practice decision making when treating patients with psychological disorders. You will recommend the most effective pharmacotherapeutic to treat the psychological disorder presented and examine potential impacts of pharmacotherapeutics on a patient’s pathophysiology.
· Review this week’s interactive media pieces and select one to focus on for this Discussion.
· Reflect on the decision steps in the interactive media pieces, and consider the potential impacts from the administration of the associated pharmacotherapeutics on the patient’s pathophysiology.
Post a brief explanation of the psychological disorder presented and the decision steps you applied in completing the interactive media piece for the psychological disorder you selected. Then, explain how the administration of the associated pharmacotherapeutics you recommended may impact the patient’s pathophysiology. How might these potential impacts inform how you would suggest treatment plans for this patient? Be specific and provide examples.
Resources: Please use two of these resources on top of other resources you may use. ( Use rreferences from year 2015 and above.)
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 24, “Antipsychotic Agents and Their Use in Schizophrenia” (pp. 231–246)
· Chapter 25, “Antidepressants” (pp. 247–265)
· Chapter 26, “Drugs for Bipolar Disorder” (pp. 267–274)
· Chapter 27, “Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs” (pp. 275–285)
· Chapter 28, “Management of Anxiety Disorders” (pp. 287–292)
· Chapter 29, “Central Nervous System Stimulants and Attention-Deficit/
Describe how you plan to advocate for your patients. Include relevant policies and stakeholders. Given the opportunity, what organization would you develop to advocate for the public and why? Some examples are American Cancer Society or the American Lung Association.
Assignment Description: This assignment will be at least 1500 words or more
This week you will reflect upon the Affordable Care Act and Patient Advocacy to answer the following questions:
- How can you contribute to safe practice?
- Briefly define your role and tell how you will advocate for the healthcare consumer
- Reflect on your future role changing as a result of policy changes
- How do you see the role of your chosen profession changing in the near future?
Assignment Expectations: How will students be successful?
- 1500-2000 words (6-8 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Two scholarly references are required; you should include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
Write a 2 page 3 different professional Nursing jobs/ society. Describe professional criteria for achieving those nursing roles describe the job/type of work and benefits and downfalls compared to the other two roles you .
Clearly, diagnosis is a critical aspect of healthcare. However, the ultimate purpose of a diagnosis is the development and application of a series of treatments or protocols. Isolated recognition of a health issue does little to resolve it.
In this module’s Discussion, you applied the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory to diagnose potential problems with the civility of your organization. In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- Review the Resources and examine the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory, found on page 20 of Clark (2015).
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template.
- Reflect on the output of your Discussion post regarding your evaluation of workplace civility and the feedback received from colleagues.
- Select and review one or more of the following articles found in the Resources:
- Clark, Olender, Cardoni, and Kenski (2011)
- Clark (2018)
- Clark (2015)
- Griffin and Clark (2014)
The Assignment (3-6 pages total):
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment (1-2 pages)
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template you completed for this Module’s Discussion.
- Describe the results of the Work Environment Assessment you completed on your workplace.
- Identify two things that surprised you about the results and one idea you believed prior to conducting the Assessment that was confirmed.
- Explain what the results of the Assessment suggest about the health and civility of your workplace.
Part 2: Reviewing the Literature (1-2 pages)
- Briefly describe the theory or concept presented in the article(s) you selected.
- Explain how the theory or concept presented in the article(s) relates to the results of your Work Environment Assessment.
- Explain how your organization could apply the theory highlighted in your selected article(s) to improve organizational health and/or create stronger work teams. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 3: Evidence-Based Strategies to Create High-Performance Interprofessional Teams (1–2 pages)
- Recommend at least two strategies, supported in the literature, that can be implemented to address any shortcomings revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
- Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to bolster successful practices revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
- need 6 references
Further guidance on Plan assignment 2018
As this is a ‘plan’, it should suit how your mind thinks about the ‘Main’ task, so we don’t want to be too prescriptive about format for this task. So, bullet points, mind maps etc can be used if you wish.
That said, we are listing below some pointers for the MAIN assignment, as we wish to see an indication in your Plan of what you intend to include for each of these. At this stage, of course, you may have fuller information for some sections, but are quite sketchy for others – but try to give some indication for all of them.
Download and use the Cover Sheet template (entering your student ID number, not your name).
Give a title, eg “Plan for main ‘Foundations’ assignment, on the topic of xxxxx”.
1) BACKGROUND TO YOUR TOPIC. a) Why and how is your topic considered to be a Public Health concern? Use data as part of stating your case (with sources, of course).
b) What, on balance, appear to be the main causal factors that need to be addressed to improve the public’s health?
2) PUBLIC HEALTH INTERVENTIONS ON YOUR TOPIC. What assumptions are being made in work on this topic :
· About health: eg. is the focus on prevention (pathogenic), or is a salutogenic/positive health perspective being adopted?
· About evidence/data: eg. Is professionals’ data on health the main source of evidence, or citizens’ own subjective perception of their health?
· About people & power: When a decision is made to take public health action, is it made by professionals/elites, or by citizens?
To help explain the above, you should relate the interventions/approaches to at least one of our 5 models of Health Promotion/Public Health, as well as discussing any specific theory that might underlie a particular approach (eg behaviour change theory), though this will vary for different topics & approaches.
3) ETHICS. This may have been touched upon in earlier sections, but if not yet done, you should consider the interventions on your topic in terms of an ethical framework (eg Nuffield, which we will cover later in the module).
4) HISTORY & POLICY/POLITICS FOR YOUR TOPIC INTERVENTIONS. These may be covered as part of the Background, or later. On policy, a key consideration is: Does policy (eg of the current UK government) fit with the evidence on causes, or is there a mismatch?
Don’t use too many words on excessive historical detail – only if it adds context.
5) CONCLUSION. Summarise (briefly) at least one key point from each of the above 4 sections.
State what your actual word count is (& even if you write in prose/essay-style, try not to exceed, say 700 words for the Plan).
6) REFERENCES. Ensure these are all present, and in Harvard format. They are not included as part of your word count.
The practice of health care providers at all levels brings you into contact with people from a variety of faiths. This calls for knowledge and understanding of a diversity of faith expressions; for the purpose of this course, the focus will be on the Christian worldview.
Based on “Case Study: End of Life Decisions,” the Christian worldview, and the worldview questions presented in the required topic study materials you will complete an ethical analysis of George’s situation and his decision from the perspective of the Christian worldview.
Provide a 1,500-2,000-word ethical analysis while answering the following questions:
- How would George interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative, with an emphasis on the fallenness of the world?
- How would George interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative, with an emphasis on the hope of resurrection?
- As George contemplates life with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), how would the Christian worldview inform his view about the value of his life as a person?
- What sorts of values and considerations would the Christian worldview focus on in deliberating about whether or not George should opt for euthanasia?
- Given the above, what options would be morally justified in the Christian worldview for George and why?
- Based on your worldview, what decision would you make if you were in George’s situation?
Remember to support your responses with the topic study materials.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric.You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
1. Bioethics: A Primer for Christians
Read Chapters 6 and 12 in Bioethics: A Primer for Christians.
2. Called to Care: A Christian Worldview for Nursing
Read Chapters 10-12 in Called to Care: A Christian Worldview for Nursing.
3. Defining Death: Medical, Legal and Ethical Issues in the Determination of Death
Read the Introduction and Chapters 1-3 of “Defining Death: Medical, Legal and Ethical Issues in the Determination of Death” by the President’s Commission for the Study of Ethical Problems in Medicine and Biomedical and Behavioral Research (1984).
- Analysis of how the man would interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative and the fallenness of the world is clear and demonstrates a deep understanding that is skillfully supported by topic study materials. 12%
- Analysis of how the man would interpret his suffering in light of the Christian narrative and the hope of resurrection is clear and demonstrates a deep understanding that is skillfully supported by topic study materials. 12%
- Analysis of how the Christian worldview of the man might inform his view about the value of his life as a person with ALS is clear and demonstrates a deep understanding that is skillfully supported by topic study materials.12%
- Evaluation of which values and considerations the Christian worldview focuses on when deliberating the option of euthanasia for the man is clear and demonstrates a deep understanding that is skillfully supported by topic study materials. 12%
- Evaluation of which options would be justified in the Christian worldview for the man is clear and demonstrates a deep understanding that is skillfully supported by topic study materials. 12%
- Reflection hypothesis of which personal choices would be make if faced with ALS based on personal worldview is clear, relevant, and insightful. 10%
- Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. 7%
- Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. 8%
- Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. 5%
- All format elements are correct.5%
- Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error. 5%
Read the following case study and answer the questions below. Response should be at least 75 to 100 words.
Wayne is a public health/community nurse who lives in South Texas. During the summer, Wayne’s community experienced uncontrollable wildfires that devastated the area. Because he lived in the area, Wayne was called upon to help triage and care for victims of the fires. Many of the wildfire victims were Wayne’s family, personal friends, and work colleagues.
- After the fires were controlled and the most critically ill residents were transported to the hospital, Wayne began recovery efforts. What is Wayne’s priority recovery goal for this population? What steps should Wayne take to reach this goal?
- Wayne performs psychosocial assessments on the wildfire victims. Which victims are more likely than others to need crisis intervention?
- Wayne is worried about the major health concerns after a disaster and how they may affect his community. What are some of these major health concerns? What can Wayne do to improve the health concerns?
EVIDENCE FOR NURSING
Assessment Item 3: Using evidence to inform clinical decision making
In the course of your clinical placement in a surgical ward, you noted inconsistency in wound care. While some nurses use a sterile technique others employ a clean dressing change technique.
Is clean wound dressing a safe option for dressing of surgical wounds?
You are working as an RN in an emergency department. A 10-year-old child has been admitted to the department with a diagnosis of exacerbation of asthma secondary to bronchitis. The patient has been prescribed salbutamol.
What is the more effective method of delivery- a nebuliser or a spacer?
Nurses take different approaches in dealing with family members during the resuscitation of a loved one.
Should family members be allowed to be present during the resuscitation of a loved one in the acute care setting? Why, or why not?
The answer to this question should be presented in an essay format. Headings can be used if they help structure your work. To perform well in this assignment, you need to understand the levels of evidence, be able to effectively search for relevant research, select the highest level of evidence possible, and consider the quality of evidence that you use to answer your question. You should also demonstrate your ability to accurately interpret research findings, synthesise evidence and reach a conclusion about your question.
Part 1: Introduction (500 words)
Briefly describe the process you used to answer the question. i.e. how you formulated a searchable question and developed a search strategy. Justify the approach you took in accessing the evidence. Describe the rationale behind the selection of each paper (hint: level of the evidence, quality of the evidence, relevance). Both quantitative and/or qualitative articles can be used, as appropriate to the clinical scenario and question you have developed. It is not necessary to present all the evidence you found (and you have limited word count to do this). The key thing is quality not quantity – so four or five research based articles are better than a large number of low level papers. Provide the print screens of the abstracts of the papers you have chosen.
Part 2: Main body of the paper (500 words)
Briefly present each paper and their main findings. What does the research show?
Part 3: Conclusion (200 words)
This is where you clearly state what you think the answer to your question is and why.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Nursinghomeworkdesk.com is a unique service that provides guidance with different types of content. Please rest assured that the service is absolutely legal and doesn’t violate any regulations.