Ageing Bias (Community Health Nursing)
- How does a person’s difference in age, culture, race, gender and living situation impact your comfort as a nurse in communicating with them?
- While growing up, how were OAs (older adults) treated in your family, culture, community and in society (identify the year range)?
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Assignment: (written assignment) separeate assignment.
Three-part APA Paper….
Part 1: Reflect on how those experiences from the Discussion Post impact your nursing practice now?
Part 2: Discuss what ageing biases you have witnessed &/or perpetrated.
Part 3: Create a community education plan to address ageing bias.
The assignment should be written in an APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1500 words in length and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.