Evidence-Based Practice and Case Management
Using your chosen chronic illness from the list below,
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus type 2
- Childhood Asthma
you will explore the use of evidence-based practice and how it is incorporated into case management patient care guidelines and pathways.
- Identify and discuss current best practices. Address the importance of basing case management on current evidence.
- Identify and evaluate published guidelines.
- Identify and discuss clinical pathways and how they relate to your chosen illness.
Reading and Resources
- Pizzi, Michael A,PhD., O.T.R./L. (2014). Promoting health, wellness, and quality of life at the end of life: Hospice interdisciplinary perspectives on creating a good death. Journal of Allied Health, 43(4), 212-20.
- Annicka G M van der,Plas, Vissers, K. C., Francke, A. L., Donker, G. A., Jansen, W. J. J., Deliens, L., & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, B. (2015). Involvement of a case manager in palliative care reduces hospitalisations at the end of life in cancer patients; A mortality follow-back study in primary care. PLoS One, 10(7)
- Meyer, Star,R.N., B.S.N. (2012). Care management role in end-of-life discussions. Care Management Journals, 13(4), 180-3.
- Review the National Committee for Quality Assurance certification criteria.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.