Prior to completing this discussion, read the Bronfenbrenner Ecological theory in Chapter 1 of our textbook, the Schneiderman (2004) article, “Psychosocial, Behavioral, and Biological Aspects of Chronic Diseases,” the Kondrat (2013) article “Person In Environment” and review the Instructor Guidance. Watch the videos below to get an understanding of the Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Model and Erik Erikson’s Biopsychosocial Model.
- Choose one of the following chronic conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Describe how the chronic condition leads to changes in behaviors, disability, and morbidity.
- Review the three theories (Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological theory, Biopsychosocial, Person-In-Environment) in the Instructor Guidance and/or the videos in the resources list, and discuss the following in your initial post.
- Consider one system in Bronfenbrenner’s theory, what system would have the greatest positive impact in managing the disease? Explain your answer.
- Consider Biopsychosocial Model, which aspects of biological, psychological, and social domains are most important to understanding and promoting the patient’s health? Explain your answer.
- Consider the Person-In-Environment system, how should the environment change to improve the person’s ability to live with the disease and vice versa?
Your initial contribution should be a minimum 250 words in length. Support your claims with research from the Library or course text. Use proper APA formatting for in-text citations and references as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Guided Response:Choose two of your classmate’s posts. Reviewing the choices your peers made for each of the listed items, respectfully argue their explanation including the choices you would have made. Use one of the theories to justify your choices.