The following questions may be answered verbally with your assessor or you may write down your answers. Please discuss this with your assessor before you commence. Short Answers are required which is approximately 4 typed lines = 50 words, or 5 lines of handwritten text.
Your assessor will take down dot points as a minimum if you choose to answer them verbally.
Answer the following questions either verbally with your assessor or in writing.
1. What are the different categories of communication?
2. What can you do to communicate effectively with people?
3. Write two examples each of open questions and closed questions.
4. What can you do to collaborate with colleagues effectively?
5. List six examples of industry terminology that you would use in verbal, written and digital communications.
6. What can you do to address communication constraints?
7. Discuss two strategies to handle conflict and maintain a tension-free workplace.
8. What are two pieces of legislation, regulations or Acts do you need to comply with in community services?
9. Who should you report any unresolved conflicts, breach or non-adherence to standard operating procedures, or any issues impacting on the rights of you or your client to?
10. How would you promote and model changes in the workplace?
11. List six different types of documentation you may need to complete to organisational standards in your workplace.
12. How can you contribute to continuous improvement in your workplace?
13. Who can you seek advice from in relation to improving your skills and knowledge?
14. Who would you speak to in relation to accessing options for skills development and training?
15. Define each of the following:
a. Privacy, confidentiality and disclosure
c. Duty of care
d. Mandatory reporting
f. Informed consent
g. Work role boundaries – responsibilities and limitations
h. Child protection across all health and community services contexts, including duty of care when child is not the client, indicators of risk and adult disclosure
16. Discuss the following two techniques in relation to communication:
17. What is the difference between collaboration and confrontation?
18. What are the potential constraints to effective communication?