Develop an annotated bibliography for use in your research paper. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate progress in compiling research and to indicate a methodology for organizing research sources.
Recommended: Before you begin, review chapters 4–6 in A Pocket Style Manual (APA).
Include the following in your annotated bibliography:
- APA citations and annotations for three (3) sources you deem relevant to your problem statement (thesis).
For each source:
- Cite the source in proper APA format. The citations should be organized in alphabetical order by author as in an APA References page.
- Follow with a brief annotation that summarizes the source (approximately 3–5 sentences). You may quote from the source, but do not copy and paste from the abstract.
- In 1 or 2 sentences, explain and evaluate the source’s relevance and significance to your research.
- Use an academic tone and style.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded. Include a copy of your working thesis statement at the top of your assignment submission.
Please note: Next week, you will be required to find three additional peer sources for your research paper in order to create a full annotated bibliography, for a total of six sources and annotations.