This is a discussion post. PLEASE USE the textbook below for reference and at least one SCHOLARLY PEER-Review
Complete the Clark Workplace Civility Index Assessment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
After you are finished, read the assigned article:
Lachman, V. D. (2015). Ethical issues in the disruptive behaviors of incivility, bullying, and horizontal/lateral violence. Urologic Nursing, 35(1), 39-42. Retrieved from https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=c9h&AN=100927729&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Next watch the video by clicking on the link below. I ATTACHED THE VIDEO
Transcript (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Reflect on what you observed in the video as you answer the following:
1. Based on what you observed, what leadership skills should you, as Masaya’s preceptor, model for your fellow coworkers to promote his acceptance into the work-group or team.
2. Does incivility seem to be an issue in the scenario?
3. Describe any common themes you discovered among the article, the video and the Civility Index
4. Share how you may improve your score on the index based on what you have read.
· We have been there, we are the new nurse on the floor and we aren’t sure about what we got ourselves into. Have you experienced incivility, bullying, or horizontal/lateral violence? How did you handle it? As a nurse leader and Masaya’ preceptor, how do you handle this?