Final Project Part II will involve the construction of a proposal for a health promotion teaching tool that will be of value for the patient. This activity will allow you the opportunity to discuss health literacy best practices and how you would use them to educate, inform, and empower your patient with regard to their health risks and/or healthy behaviors. For this final project, you will propose a health promotion teaching tool based on your assessment findings.
This assessment will address your mastery with regard to the following course outcomes:
- Interpret health assessment findings based on norms for healthy adults to inform patient health education strategies
- Employ health literacy best practices for informing health promotion resources for diverse populations
- Develop health education activities that utilize evidence-based practices for promoting patient safety and quality of care
For this final project, you will analyze your findings from the comprehensive head-to-toe patient assessment you completed with your patient volunteer in Module Six. You will also propose a health promotion teaching tool based on a health risk or healthy behavior of your choice that you identified during the comprehensive assessment. Note: You do not need to create the actual teaching tool, but rather write a proposal in which you will describe the tool and discuss your rationale behind the choices you make for its development based on your patient assessment.
Please answer following prompts below.
- Analyze health risks uncovered during your assessment. In other words, what unhealthy behaviors the patient engages in or indicators of disease or illness did you discover? If you feel there were none, be sure to explain your rationale.
- Analyze healthy behaviors the patient engages in that you discovered during your assessment. In other words, what opportunities exist for health promotion? If you feel there were none, be sure to explain your rationale.
- Specify the critical information about your topic based on your assessment findings that you would include in your teaching tool.
- Recommend specific intervention(s) for your topic that will result in improved patient outcomes or will promote health maintenance. Be sure to support your recommendations with evidence-based research.
- Determine the medium (presentation, brochure, poster, or other format) that would be most appropriate for communicating information about your chosen topic. Be sure to explain your rationale.
- Discuss the health literacy best practices you would employ to ensure your teaching tool is appropriate for diverse populations. Be sure to support your claims with specific examples from evidence-based research.
- Describe your plan to ensure compliance of your teaching tool with Flesch-Kincaid readability guidelines. Be sure to explain your rationale.
Guidelines for Submission: Your paper should be formatted with one-inch margins and 12-point Times New Roman font, and all citations and references must appear in proper APA format.